Tuesday, September 9, 2014

An outing with Paul and Nancy.

Paul and Nancy came to visit again. They were here about a week, and as always - it was so very nice to have them here. They bring with them such a sense of joy, the boys absolutely love them. And of course, Isanon and I love them both so much. Isanon and I are so blessed by their friendship.

On one of the days, the girls were able to sneak away from the mountain and have a little 'Girl's Day'. We had such a great time together, and it was so so nice to be able to catch up. One of the things that continues to be one of the hardest aspects of living here at Hope is that we don't feel like we have a very great support system here. While we know that people do care, having someone sit down and truly ask how you are - what your plans are, etc. makes a huge difference. Nancy has always been such a blessing in my life and I am so grateful for her friendship.

On the last night that they were here, they took all the house parents and the boys out to a nice dinner and then a movie afterwards. It is so much fun to see all the boys dress up and try food that they normally wouldn't have the opportunity to try. When the food came, I grabbed my cloth napkin and was putting it on my lap - when I noticed that the boys at our table were watching me, and also putting their napkin in their lap. It is little moments like those, that make my heart happy.
















Once again, thank you so much for all you both do. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get off of this mountain with our crazy boys. Your love for everyone here is so apparent, and so appreciated. We love you both, very much. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you and Nancy had great girl time. I'm sure it was much needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! It really was a much needed time. :)

      Delete