Sunday, August 3, 2014

Currently. {Vol. 11}

Hey there! Welcome to Currently, where I share what we are currently up to each week - and the goal(s) we have for the coming week. 

Thinking about: How great last night was. We are starting to have Saturday night services here at the mountain with the boys - and last night was the first service. It was so good. The focus is more of a worship service-lots of singing, with a brief word in the middle. At first we could tell that the boys weren't that into it - but by the last song, their attitudes had completely shifted. Pastor Carlos did an altar call, and three of our boys went to the front to accept Jesus as their Lord. I am excited to see what God is going to do through these worship services and I am praying that these boys will start to see how much God loves them. -sorry about the color/quality of these photos - we had the lights dimmed, and I didn't want to use the flash and disturb the service. 


Listening to: "In your presence Lord, I will find my strength. You're the breath in me, you're my everything."
Making: I made my first ever dump cake this week. I had a pineapple that was super ripe and needed to be used up. I thought about making pineapple smoothies, but then remembered a recipe that I had seen for pineapple dump cake. Literally, you put the chopped up pineapple in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle some sugar over it, sprinkle the dry cake mix on top and then put pats of butter all over the top and stick it in the oven for 50 minutes. It turns out to be this buttery-sugary fluffy cake with sugary pineapple chunks. It was good. The boys who did English class with me got to test it out too - we've decided it is a winner. 
Goals of the week: 
[Last week...]
  1. Continue to cultivate the habit of praying together every single night.//Still need more consistency.
  2. Work on a secret project.//check! 
  3. Cook/Bake something new.//check!  
  4. Invite someone over for coffee-snack, dinner or dessert.//This happened quite a bit this week.
  5. Have a movie night with the boys.//didn't happen this week... 
[This week...]
  1. Continue to cultivate the habit of praying together. 
  2. Scrub my oven!
  3. Teach the boys a drama/skit for next weeks worship service. 
  4. Have a movie night with the boys. 
  5. Be intentional. 
Verse of the week:

A Mama Collective

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just read your bio and your story is amazing!! I wanna hear more! I can't imagine living with 25 boys, but I'm sure they are a blessing to you and you to them. :)
    Thanks for linking up with us. I'm so excited to follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! We definitely have our challenging days, but being able to love on these boys has been such a blessing to us.

      Delete