Monday, September 23, 2013

Road-Trippin' for the Birthday Girl...

Birthdays are kind-of a big deal in my family. Like, super big deal.

I remember growing up, I always knew that I would wake up to a decorated house - not have to clean a single thing that day - and get to choose whatever food we would consume that day. It was the best.

Through the years, I have found something I like even more than being pampered on my birthday. I like to pamper! It is seriously so much fun for me to make someone's day special. To make banners and decorate the house, and make the cake - it is all too much fun.

My baby sister turned 14 on Tuesday. I am still in shock. She should be maybe like turning 6, but nowhere close to 14! sigh. Being 11 years older than her, I have gotten to be involved in a lot of party planning and birthday celebrating for this little girl, and this year was no different.

Baby girl woke up to a completely decorated house and doughnuts for breakfast.






Later that night we had brownie ice-cream cake! (blogged about it here)



And then....we went to Magic Mountain on Saturday! It was such a fun trip! We drove over on Friday night, and stayed in a Hotel. We burned cds to listen to on the way there, that included, Backstreet boys, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, and Jenny by Flight of the Conchords! Needless to say, we sang our hearts out the whole way. When we got to the hotel, we went swimming and took a gazillion pictures flipping our hair. 










We woke up Saturday morning and headed to Six Flags! We may have got there a little early and had to sit in line, but we were too excited to wait any longer. We got to ride quite a few rides, and had such a fun "girls day" together! 
















We all had such a fun time celebrating this gal's birthday WEEK! I love you Tia-Roo and am so glad I was able to spend yet another epic birthday with you. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment