Friday, September 13, 2013

Ice-Cream cake for the Cake hating girl.

My little bitty BABY sister turned 14. 

I like making cakes, so I started thinking of what I would make her early on. She is one of those crazy freaks who don't like cake, so figuring out what to make her can be a challenge. One year we had muffins, another year a stack of doughnuts. 

This year I decided to try out an ice-cream cake. So, I went searching on my ever-handy pinterest and found the perfect recipe. It had a brownie bottom, fudge layer, ice-cream (duh) and topped with whipped cream and sprinkles...sounds perfect right? 

It really was super simple, but turned out soooo good. 


You bake up some brownies. You could go the from scratch route, but I totally used a box mix! Bake them in an 8x8 or 11x7 pan, just make sure the pan has deep sides so you can pile everything else on top. 


Let the brownies cool completely, then slather on some chocolate frosting. 

Again, this could be homemade...but I used canned frosting. 


After you've slathered the frosting on, pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes. While they were in the fridge, I took the ice-cream out of the freezer so that it could soften up. 

Oh, and I licked the rest of the chocolate frosting out of the container of course. Don't judge. 


I used Extreme Moose Tracks because it is Tia's favorite, but any type of ice-cream would work. 

After the 30 minutes, scoop all of the ice-cream on top of the brownies. Use the whole 1.5 quart container. 


Every last drop.


When you are done spreading your ice-cream on, cover it with foil and stick it in the freezer for at least 3 hours. 

When you are ready to serve it, top it with whipped cream and don't forget the pretty sprinkles. 


I made a cake bunting banner to place on top, but it was pretty even without it.     
 

And even more importantly, it was seriously so good.  

Tia loved it, and we had an amazing time celebrating her birthday. Such a good recipe, and so easy to make....Go make it! 


Happy Birthday, pretty girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment