Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Winter, Summer, whatever..


Everything in Brasil is backwards. Everything. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating, but not by much. We will get back to that in a minute, though.

Since this is my very first blog, it seems appropriate to explain my reason for starting this bad boy up, right?  Right. Basically, I got married, moved to Brasil, and became a mother to 20+ (depending on the day) teenage boys. Yes, it is completely as crazy as it sounds, and I need a blog to document this crazy-ness! My husband is working as a "Pai Social" at a group home for boys ages 12-18. "Pai Social" in the simplest terms basically means he has every responsibility that their father should have. They get in trouble at school, Isanon is called. They get hurt, Isanon takes them to the hospital. They mouth off, Isanon disciplines. My husband has become super dad. We live in a house that is connected to the younger boys dorms. So, where does that leave me? Legally, just living here. But, lets be real for a minute...all those boys living in dorms connected to your house, constantly knocking on your door needing this or that...you become their stand-in mother. So here we are. About to celebrate our one year anniversary, living in Brazil, and loving (most days) on our boys. 




Back to the backwards thing. I have lived in Brazil with my husband, for about 9 months now. Before that, I had come three different times, for periods of 6 months. So, I should be pretty accustomed to how things are done here by now, wouldn't you think? Well, I am not. Things throw me through a loop all the time. I will save you my long list of backwards things about Brasil, and just get to the point. We are in Winter right now. Even though I checked the weather this morning, and it fore-casted a high of 84 degrees, this is winter. Our boys got a couple weeks off for 'winter' vacation, so we went on some outings. 



We went to a water park, the (joke of a) zoo, a waterfall, roasted hot dogs, the movies and a beach trip. Yes, we had a very backwards-but exciting, Winter vacation with our boys. 


3 comments:

  1. Great 1st Blog! I'm super happy to learn what's happening in your world and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear (read in this case) about you and Isanon's adventures! But it sounds like you are spending winter in Southern Louisiana. May God continue to bless you and Isanon for the blessings you are to these young boys/men! The impact you will have in their lives will go far beyond what you will ever know!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds busy! It's great to hear from you! I pray that things will go smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete